
Ashlyn has officially began her first team sport... t-ball. She is so excited to be on a team, and to be playing on that team with with two of her friends from her primary.
After we signed her up we bought her a glove and a t-ball stand so we could practice/play with her at home. The weather was SO BEAUTIFUL, we were having a blast playing as a family (Kyle had to get a glove too). But our weather was short lived and for about the last two weeks we couldn't practice outside.
This Friday was her first team practice and she got to meet her couch Abbey. One thing we had never thought to teach her, that the couch didn't spend allot of time teaching was the concept of running the bases. It was so funny she would hit the ball. We would yell "run to 1st, 2nd, etc" she had know idea where each base was.
Here she is, first time up to bat.
Picture 1 - This is how it is done
Picture 2 - swung too high
Picture 3 - Hit the T stand
Picture 4 - "yeah, she got it"
The next day, Saturday was her first game. I am telling you, it was the funnest thing ever to watch. All the kids will run for the ball, forget positions. They get the ball and have no idea what they are to do with the ball.
One time Ashlyn was first base catcher, the other team had a kid hit the ball, run to first. Then the next kid, hit the ball, the couch at first tells the kid currently on first to run to second. I think Ashlyn thought he was talking to her because next thing I know she ran with the opposing team to second base. What a hoot.
Nate's parents were visiting us for the weekend along with his sister and her two kids. We were so glad to have them here so they could watch and support her on her first adventurous weekend of t-ball.
I can't wait to see what the next game brings.
May Stuff
10 years ago



2 comments:
T-ball, how fun! It is so fun to watch kids in sports. I got your call....I'd love to chat, want to call Grammy too. No perfect time, i need to just do it.
I can't wait for Gaige to start playing! So exciting for you. Oh Portia will be here in June so I want to get together, I will let you know the dates soon!
Post a Comment