Monday, April 6, 2009

UPDATE.... What have we been doing??

It has been so long since I have blogged I am not even sure where to begin.
So I am going to try my best to give a quick run down on some of the bigger happenings. This is a work in progress and this paricular post will be updated as time permits... I promise, so please check back.


June 14, 2008 "FISHING"


Our awesome neighbors took us fishing at a lake in Oakley. It was a real treat because we never get to fish from a boat. Kyle and Ashlyn both got to help drive the boat, catch the fish and get nice and wet!!! What a dream for a 2 and 4 year old.

Ashlyn and Kyle Fishing




Ashlyn and Jerry


Mommy (picture taken by Ashlyn)


After being on the boat, having our lunch and catching our dinner (two small trout) it was time to get going. Before we left we let the kids wade into the water and throw some rocks. We did caution them to becareful and "try" not to get wet.... Oh well, they had a great time and mommy knew water was going to be involved in this trip so she brought extra cloths. They had a blast!



I LOVE to see my kids being such good friends and playing well together. Isn't this a sweet picture?


The cute picture holding hands was short lived....Watch that step!!


Thanks Brent and Jerry for such a fun trip!

_______________________________________________________________


June 11, 2008 "GROSS"

This was one of those days were being a mom is just plan tough. I wish I could say this was the last time it happened but we know Kyle better than that, he even took his art to Grandma and Grandpa's.....while Grandpa was baby sitting!!
The story: Kyle was put in his bed for "nap time" instead he used this time as "creative art time". Hmmm what do you do when you want to paint and all you have is this poopie diaper....well you use the poop of course.
Sorry, no pictures of the artist at work. I was too disgusted for that.

Poor, Poor Mommy on clean up duty.


Daddy on wash the artist duty, Yes the artist doesn't limit art to just the walls and bed, he makes himself part of the art too.


_______________________________________________________________


June 10, 2008 "LIFE"

Just some fun pictures of the kids being their typical silly selves.

Kyle as "Bucket-Head"


Ashlyn as "Blanket-Head"



_______________________________________________________________


GIRLS CAMP June 6, 2008
First I quiet blogging at the time of Girls Camp last year. I was the camp director. Camp for 2008 was only a one night'er do to all the activities and time being used for the Youth Cultural Celebration. While only one night, I felt allot of pressure and stress with this call. Girls camp did go well and we did have a great turn out of girls. The only problem, it was freezing. We met at the church at 8:30 in the morning with it raining and the cold wind blowing. The weather remained that way most of the morning. We still did our "hike" (more like nature walk). The walk was really fun and we got to see lots of pelicans. We did get a break from the weather later and were able to have a great time doing certifications with some of the dad's help. Dad's were invited to the whole thing. Some helped with certification. All the others came up for dinner and camping. Come time to set up camp and decide if we were staying and braving the weather the girls voted and won the vote to stay the cold windy night. Morning was nice, cold but nice. We had a great breakfast and made it home safe and sound.

This is the wind blown, rained on, but still smiling leaders. I had such a great group of women with me.


After girls camp, the summer never seemed to slow down and it rolled into fall and then winter, all of which seem to speed up quicker and quicker. Next thing I know, it has been MONTHS since I blogged.

6 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm so excited you updated!!! Now to go read it...

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I love the fishing pictures and I so wish I could have seen the poo art on the wall. We are supposed to be having a girl, according to 3 ultrasounds. I miss chatting with you online....do you know what you are having???

B said...

YEAH YOU'RE ALIVE! i'm glad you updated, i've been wondering how you are doing. and did i see that you are prego from the comment above mine? congrats, did you know we had a baby girl on st. pat's day? glad to see you are doing well, and congrats on making it through the creative art time clean up duty! that would have been tough. good job mommy!

The Losee's said...

wow. you are going back far. We all missed you this weekend. It was really good to see Troy and the boys had so much fun together. I'm excited to see you next weekend though. Plan on Sunday at 4:30.

Bry and Amb said...

YEAH!!! You're alive!!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting! I miss you. Oh, and I TOTALLY feel ya on the "poopie artist" thing. Brynlee used to do the exact same thing - for like a month straight. It was awful! Luckily Garrett finds it all very disgusting!
Keep updating...I miss talking to you.

Amb

Bry and Amb said...

Okay, wait! You're pregnant and I didn't know?!
Congrats Ang!!! I'm really happy for you and Nate!