Yippeeee! We have a garden, and it's growing. Nate and I have moved so much that we have never really had our own garden. We have always had Nate's parents share their produce with us. I think we had a small one when we were first married but I don't remember living there long enough to harvest it, plus I was working full time and pregnant so I don't remember doing anything with it.
So this year I am very excited to be settled and be able to plant an our own garden. Nate's wonderful dad came up two weeks ago to help me plant our garden. He also brought us some Raspberry starts. While planting the raspberries it hit me...wow, we are really here to stay.
Well yesterday I went out and we have plants growing. I know this might seem simple and not that exciting, but it is very exciting to me.
Here is my garden. Four rows here. Potato's, 2 Corn, and Beans. (We actually have another garden on the side of the house where we will have tomato's, carrots, peas, and more corn.)
Yes, Kyle has on Ashlyn's pink boots, he put them on by himself and insisted on keeping them on.
The kids were very excited to see the little plants too
This is one of the bean plants. 
This is the start of my corn growing.

May Stuff
10 years ago



5 comments:
Gardens are so much fun! I am glad to have mine this year. My first garden was last year and I was very pregnant, it just wasn't as fun as it will be this year.
more power to ya my friend. gardening is NOT one of my things, lets just say a black thumb have I. How did you do the last pic after the corn start pic. did you use a fully open apeture w/ a telephoto lens? I love it!!!
Brooke, I will have to check my settings but I am pretty sure the ap was way open.... like 1.8 or more. I used my 50mm lens and just stayed back far enough for it to focus sharp.
Thanks for the compliment. What camera do you have?
Brooke, I also generally shoot full manual.
I love it!! Great pics...you are talented! What fun for your kids to enjoy and work in it with you!
Post a Comment