Funny story....
I remember when I was 5 or 6 years old I watched a TV show where the kid was going to run away (Punky Brewster I think).
I want to try that! So I remember running back and forth to my Mom and Sister..."how do you spell running? How to you spell away?" Real sneaky right? I left my note on my pillow, as seen on tv, and left, I walk about 5 houses down the street... WOW that was so far to go by my self. SCARY! I turned around and ran back home.
So why do I share this goofy story? Well, yesterday Ashlyn and I were watching an old episode of Full House. Uncle Jesse was having a hard time and didn't want to be giving up his "freedom" to live in a house watching young children all the time. So he ran away.... and yes, he left a note on his pillow. When the dad and Joey found the note they told the girls that he was on a "vacation".
Last night Ashlyn runs into me....
"Mom, will you spell vacation on this paper?"
so I did... Moments later she was back...
"Mom will you write disturb on this paper?"
Okay, flash back of me 25 years ago... What is that girl up to?
Later she brings me this note and tells me to read it, then she disappeared back to her room. It was too cute not to share (spelling and wording from her)
Page 1: A note for you!
Page 2: Dear Mom,
I am just going on a little bit of a vacation. I love you all, By the way it'll be just one night. Do not panike I will be back tomorow.
Love Ashlyn
"The vacation is in my closet."
(bottom of page)
I am going to be here in my closet forever.
Page 3: There is a clue on every page
Page 4: Do not disturb why I'm in the closet or I will realy run away.
Page 5: Please write notes in sence you can't see me. Put the notes in front of my door.
Page 6: (picture of a large heart)
So I wrote her a note back and slid it under her door.
Dear AShlyn,
I love you very much. I will miss you a whole lot if you go on a vacation. Please let me kiss you good night.
Love You, Mom
P.S. It is a school night you will feel better if you vacation in your bed. :)
So I got one last note back...
"Thanks for the note, but I realy feel like going to bed by my self. I love you to, I wish for a family that can be together forever."
What a funny girl. She brought me the last note and we talked... she quickly forgot about her vacation and by bedtime we were all able to have family prayers and yes... I got to kiss her good night.
May Stuff
10 years ago



4 comments:
I hope this wasn't related to a certain request-
I should have just taken her with me. I'm such a bum!
ha ha. That's really cute. :)
No Kenna...LOL... You are fine. This was actually Sunday. :)
oh my, that is the sweetest letter, ever! what a cutie she is!
Post a Comment