After my vent yesterday I feel much better :0)
I do have some really great friends and like I mentioned, I love where I live. I was feeling bad because I was realizing that I am so much more shy than I used to be. It took me sometime but I have made some great friends here, I just hope I can help those friendships to better, to have some more give on my part.... I just need to work on the "how".
Actually this last weekend was really cool. I went to Time Out For Women in Boise. Nate was so wonderful and took the time to watch the kids so me and three other women could go for both Friday night and Saturday. It was so much fun, I love getting away, and going away with a group of women is so rejuvenating. I really look forward to the opportunity to do it again, talk about a powerful uplifting experience.
I actually think that having this past weekend and then being with another group of amazing women on Tuesday night is why I was having my "pity party" yesterday. The experiences gave me time to self evaluate and made me realize that I have not been the women and friend that I want to be. I know I don't need to feel like I don't belong. At church I think it is easy to see your friends and feel good, I really love my ward! But, one of my groups of friends live in other wards and I know that it takes more effort for me to work on being a good friend to them. And that is something I am not sure how to do. I know everyone gets busy, but I hope they know I really enjoy being around them.
Thank you for the sweet comments and emails I got from my little pity party, they made me feel SO much better. So today I am focusing on being happy, and I am.
May Stuff
10 years ago



1 comments:
I'm glad you're having a better day and I know just how you feel. I am liking where I live right now too and have good friends but don't feel that connection with them that I have felt with other friends in the past and I'm sure it's due to the lack of effort on my part. Self reflection is definitely good to do once in a while.
Post a Comment