So I was reading my friend Kim's blog today and she has a this blog titled "Don't forget to check the pockets". I laughed and remembered I had a very similar experience not too long ago. I even took a few pictures to blog. Of course I once again got caught up in other things and I also neglect blogging because I have so much I want to blog that I really don't know where to start sometimes. So today since I was re-inspired by Kim I am sharing my "Don't forget to check the pockets" story.
__________________________
Nate had pesticides on one of his outfits so he started a batch of only those cloths (thank goodness). He was in a rush and not touching them much because of the pesticides and forgot there was a pen in his shirt pocket.
Question: how do you get black ink out of the dryer when it is cooked all over? (I was terrified to put any other batches in there)
Answer: Nail Polish remover! I googled on the internet and found this was the preferred answer. I had tried like 5 other things prior and had no luck. This worked great. Open your doors and windows before starting. I really should have had Nate scrub it but I had a batch waiting for the dryer.
I didn't get the stain out of the cloths. The pants you can't see any ink on them. His socks all get stained anyways. His shirt on the other hand I think is a total loss. Cooked ink just doesn't have allot of solutions. The plus side, it was a company supplied shirt so we are not out the money, it did look nice on him however.
__________________________
Nate had pesticides on one of his outfits so he started a batch of only those cloths (thank goodness). He was in a rush and not touching them much because of the pesticides and forgot there was a pen in his shirt pocket.
Question: how do you get black ink out of the dryer when it is cooked all over? (I was terrified to put any other batches in there)
Answer: Nail Polish remover! I googled on the internet and found this was the preferred answer. I had tried like 5 other things prior and had no luck. This worked great. Open your doors and windows before starting. I really should have had Nate scrub it but I had a batch waiting for the dryer.
I didn't get the stain out of the cloths. The pants you can't see any ink on them. His socks all get stained anyways. His shirt on the other hand I think is a total loss. Cooked ink just doesn't have allot of solutions. The plus side, it was a company supplied shirt so we are not out the money, it did look nice on him however.

Ofcourse I didn't think to take a picture before I started cleaning. But you can see no more blog spots everywhere. The blue is normal everyday laundry use stains, probably blue jeans... and no they didn't come out but YIPEE the ink did.
This picture was taken when I was about 90% done. Can you see the black drips? The nail polish remover was incredible.



1 comments:
good tip. i try hard to keep up on my blog so i don't get behind and get overwhelmed...you are doing good at the cath up, keep it up!
Post a Comment