Monday, May 12, 2008

This week/ weekend



Thursday Ashlyn's pre-school class went on a field trip to Walmart in Burley. Kyle and I got to go along to help out. I have to tell you, Walmart went above and beyond. They began their tour of Walmart in the back of the store where all the kids were given their own "employee" apron and name badge. They looked so cute! Even Kyle got to wear an apron.
We went to all the major departments in the store and talked about what you get in each one. When we went to the fish department they gave each of the kids a fish that they had named, Ashlyn came home with "Sally"

In the optical department the kids were given crackers. The Bakery gave them hairnets and sugar cookies. The floweriest gave them each a small red rose in a water vile and because it was Mothers Day weekend they each got to pick out a rose for their Mothers. Whew! We are getting a cart full, but that is not all. Back to the Site to Store locations to end the field trip and the kids were each given a gift bag full of candy, a note pad and pencil and a balloon tied on top.


Back to teachers.... when it was time for all the kids to be picked up to go home it took two Mom's to get everything to the car, not only did they have all their Walmart treasures, the kids were also bringing home a special mothers day present they had made.
I love my Mother's Day present Ashlyn made me. She planted me a flower in a cup and made me a paper flower to enjoy all year round. It is so neat and special to get a present made by Ashlyn. I love being surprised by such wonderful gifts.


Saturday:
Nate and I took the kids to Lake Walcott for a little family picnic.

We had a wonderful time getting out as a family to enjoy nature, eat good food, and play.
We went for a walk by the lake and everytime we came up to a spot in the lake where there were ducks in the water Ashlyn would come to an abrupt halt, signal for us to stop and be quiet. It was so cute.


Getting late... More weekend update to come.

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

I just love your family pics!! What a lovely family you have. Looks like Ashlyn is really enjoying her preschool, what fun! Bryanna starts this fall, and I'm excited for her! I love your blog, so cute!!

sarah said...

Just to warn you Elle brought one of those goldfish back from a bday party( they bought it at a WalMart) and six months later it was still alive. Everyone elses died within the week, but I, at the end of a week finally bought it a bowl and fish food. Good news if you want a fish though! Cute Pics like always!