Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


This is me and my beautiful children, we took this picture after church.

I am so happy to be a mother. It is the best and toughest job ever. I am a full time referee, house keeper, nurses to ouchies, cook, comforter and "mommy". I love this "job" "calling in life" and I wouldn't give it up for anything. The other day I was looking at Ashlyn wondering how she has grown so quick. I have a niece who is 13 years old and in my mind it was just yesterday that she was the same age as Ashlyn. That scares me, I don't want to see her grow too fast. Like the song says... even on the tough days "your going to miss this" and I know I will so I am trying to treasure everyday with my kids.

This is me the day I became a mom. I know I look yucky with no make-up and a swollen face but this was the most beautiful day of my life. I will treasure the memories of this day forever. 2003


I wanted to post a picture of the day I became "mom" again. I don't have many pictures of Kyle and I together the day he was born because he was only with me for a short moment before he was taken to the NICU for grunting and later for his Coombs positive blood test. This is one of my favorite pictures that includes me from Kyle's birth experience. Here he is 2 days old. This is Ashlyn's first time seeing her new brother. You can just see the excitement on her face. She has been a wonderful sister from the beginning. 2006


I want to take just a quick moment to say "Happy Mothers Day" to my sweet mom. My mom and I have always had a very special relationship, we are wonderful friends. On days that I am having a tough time I always feel better by just talking to her. Thank you mom for being who you are. I am so thankful for all our late night talks, all our shopping trips together and our special trips to Yellowstone. I love you!
This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom and I. This is us at Halloween in 1984. I know this picture looks a little scary because it is an old fading print that didn't scan well. But, I love this picture, I loved this day. I remember so well being excited that my mom and I were clowns together. I have always admired my mom and I thought this was the coolest day.


Here is one more picture I wanted to share. Again, I am sorry for the poor scanning quality. This picture was taken on the day Ashlyn was blessed. This is our four generations of women, unfortunately both my Grandmothers past away before I was born so I have never had the privilege of knowing them in this life. It has been so fun for me to be married to Nate and grow to love Nates grandmothers as my own. Nate's Grandma Hill is holding Ashlyn in this picture. She is who Ashlyn is named after "Venece" (Vi-niece)... Ashlyn's full name is Ashlyn Venece Hill.
left to right... Nate's Mom Bonnie, My Mom Donna, Me, Grammy Hill (Venece), Grammy Graham (Gladys).


I need to take one more quick moment to make a shout out to Nate's Mom, Bonnie. Happy Mother's Day Bonnie. You are so wonderful!! I love you very much and am so so proud to have you for a mother-in-law. You are a true friend and a great support. Thank you for all you do for me and my family.

Happy Mothers day to all my wonderful friends. I hope you have a great day.
Ang

1 comments:

Meg & Josh said...

That is a beautiful picture!