This is information borrowed from one of my photography forums.
All this was posted by photographer "Captured in Time Photography"
www.capturedintimeonline.com
These are her pictures and instructions. I do not take any credit.
"For all the people who pm'd me inresponse to my post on Rachellens tutu thread..here are the pics & directions as promised...just snaps so don't get excited about my product photography! lol
They are really easy to make..however, if you can't bear the idea (or the time) involved I strongly advise ordering ilp'er Michelle Walker's tutus..she's so nice, her tutu's are amazing..and a great price as well!!
http://www.littlegirlsaremadeof.com
Ok...
They are made from tulle-on-a spool- from joanns, 2.99 a roll (and often on sale) and elastic. That's all you need besides scissors to cut the tulle and a needle and thread to sew the elastic into a waistband.
Make the waistband, cut the tulle twice the length you need it (ie if you want a 36" tutu, cut the tulle 72 or so inches) and tie it around the waistband (i tie them twice into a knot). Continue tieing strips around~ the tulle covers the elastic well. When you are done, you can even add flowers etc at the waist. The strips are easy to untie and change out if one gets snagged or whatever. I hang mine on our little tikes chair-makes a good holder and easier to tie fast. And seriously, my dd, 4, makes her own, with very little help from me...good summer project?! lol
Hope this helps someone..I know it is easier to see sometimes what people mean... lmk if there are any questions!
:-)
~Stacy"






Okay Portia. If you get really motivated, Martha Stewart did a halloween show last year where she taught how to make wings. These are actually really easy to do. Go to this link and you can read the article... get the templates and watch the video.
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=4b2261b1d3123110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=halloween%20wings&rsc=ns2006_m1
This one too...
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=64c7a30b62123110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=halloween%20wings&rsc=ns2006_m2
Have fun! If you make them, you know I want pictures!! :)
May Stuff
10 years ago



1 comments:
Ang! I finally finished the tutus--yes I had to make two because they were so cute! They were so easy and fun, I made one long and one short tutu for Evelyn and she loves them! I think Caesar is a little weirded out because anytime she gets near him with the tutu on, he growls and acts all skittish and runs away. What a wimp!
Post a Comment